- Place stereos, cameras, and high value items to the rear in unmarked boxes.
- Keep an inch of air space around the perimeter.
- Place frequently used items in front of space.
- Cover items with light plastic.
- Store a refrigerator/freezer with door ajar.
- Pack books flat (to protect the spine) in small boxes lined with plastic.
- Collapse or break down any furniture that can be.
- Items powered by batteries need to have batteries removed.
- Bicycles and tools should be wiped down with mineral oil to prevent rust.
- Candles, films, tapes, food, guns, ammunition, drugs, and medicine should not be stored.
- Pack dresser with clothes, so you can use that space.
- Mattresses pad box springs should be stored on end.
Click to view larger